Thursday, April 24, 2014

Easter

So many posts in one week...amazing, right?

We had busy and fun Easter weekend this year.

My sister and brother-in-law drove up Friday night from D.C.  I believe I have previously mentioned my geriatric bedtime.  Katy and Dave can now attest to the truthfulness of the bedtime.  They got in about 11 p.m.  Bech and I had, at that point, been asleep for at least an hour.

Saturday morning, Jackie boy got up bright and early (why do I have to drag him out of bed on a daycare day, but he wakes up at 6:30 on a Saturday?).  We waited until Katy and Dave woke up, then gave Jack his Easter basket.

We like to keep his Easter basket pretty basic.  We gave him a Berenstein Bears book (super unrealistic, side note), the first Rain for Roots cd, Hiro the train, a few happies (silly putty, crayons and a coloring book), and a toothpaste and toothbrush.  Because the kid needed a new toothbrush so why not add it to the basket.  

Hiro was definitely the favorite.

Bech had to go unload a kiln, so I showed Katy and Dave the sights of Bellefonte.  Which means we got coffee and went to the local library.  

As soon as Bech got home, we got to work egg dying.   This was the first year that we have dyed eggs with Jack.  And while he loved it, I think my artist husband and architect brother-in-law were having the most fun.



Goofy Jack was so happy to have his KK and Big Dave there!

We went to community egg hunt then made yummy tacos for dinner.

Sunday we headed to church then a friends house for lunch.


In case you are wondering, yes, this is the best picture as a family we got that day.  Also, this is why I rarely use my nice camera these days.  Because my child refuses to take cute picture.

And Jack in knee socks may be the cutest thing I've ever seen.  Expect it all summer.


Jack and his best buddies.  Also, pretty much a typical picture for 2 year old boys.

After lunch, Katy and Dave hit the road and Bech and Jack hit the hay for a nap.  I headed to a second Easter event.  Like I said, a busy but fun weekend!

No comments: