Friday, January 28, 2011

Things I love right now...

1. I unashamedly love Taylor Swift. I lover her so much (but not as much as Ansley) that I think I can call her Tswift for short. I have her new cd (Thanks, Holly!) and absolutely love it! Seriously, I listen to it every morning on the bus (well either her or Derek Webb--which is a weird mix, I know) and it makes me happy.


Now I know some of y'all are music snobs and want to be all about "cool" music. But really, she's just so fun. And she has some really good lyrics on this new cd.

My favorite:
"This is looking like a contest
Of who can look like they care less.
But I liked it better when we were on the same side.
The battles in your hands now,
But I would lay my armor down
If you would say you'd rather love than fight."



2. Bech and I love this show! We usually like most cooking shows, and this one is especially good. It's a competition of chefs from past seasons of "Top Chef." I am pulling for Richard Blaise, Angelo, or Tiffany from season 8. I really think Richard or Angelo is going to win.

3. Okay, I blame this all on Courtney. She wrote about "The Bachelor" on her blog, and it made me want to watch just one episode. And then I wanted to watch more. And now I am planning on watching the whole season. I am slightly embarrassed. But you know, when you are pregnant and a full time (well a little over full time) grad student plus you work almost 20 hours a week at the library, you deserve a little mindless drivel. And I have chosen this show to be my drivel.


4. Don't worry. I am not drinking these right now. But I want to be. But I'm not. Okay. But my friend Emily told me about a little something called the "Pump & Dump." So after Jack is born, I would like to have one of these. And I will enjoy every last drop of it. I can't wait.


5. Feeling Jack kick. For some reason, this is the week he has decided to make his presence known! He kicks a lot. It still just feels like little thumps in my stomach, so Bech hasn't been able to feel it yet. Maybe in the next week or two. He loves to kick during my Latin class--maybe he will be a little classicist! Actually, he is probably bored out of his mind and is trying to say, "Mom, get me out of here!"

2 comments:

B. Redd said...

hey cousins,
We are excited for you sweet little one to arrive. We also heard today you might come to LSU. Your cousins in Zachary are rooting for that.
Anthony and Brenda

Lindsey @ Magnolias and Gobbers said...

I watch the Bachelor too. It's pathetic but it sucks you in. And Brad sucks but it's mindless entertainement.