Friday, June 17, 2011

Almost 41 weeks

Well, we are still Jack-less in Vermont. Which is pretty tough for a couple of reasons.

(A) I am tired of being pregnant! I know there are some people out there who just love being pregnant. I am not one of those people. I am thankful to be pregnant. I know that some women would kill just to be able to be pregnant. So I really do not take being pregnant for granted. But at the same time, my back is killing me, I have some sort of heat rash on my lower stomach (and my stretch marks) that itches all of the time, and I can't for the life of me figure out any way to get comfortable when sleeping. So I would like Jack to come out of me soon!

(B) It looks like my family will not get to see Jack! My mom changed her ticket and is staying for almost a week longer. But my dad has to get back to work, and Blaise and Ansley need to go home. So, unless I go into labor like right this second, they will have spent a week up here with no Jack :( And we really have had fun. It's been sunny the past few days, so we've canoed, kayaked, sailed, cooked out. But I know everyone is ready and hoping to just see Jack!!!

And I have tried everything! I have walked, played "Just Dance" on the Wii (which is a HILARIOUS game), canoed, walked up and down lots of stairs, ate spicy foods, etc. I even drank tonic water last night (which tastes nasty, just for the record). I guess Jack just does not want to come!

So if I don't go into labor by Monday, they are going to induce me. I don't particularly want to be induced, but I am ready. But it's frustrating, because if I am going to end up having to be induced, then I'd rather have been induced this week, so that my dad could have at least held Jack!!!

Oh well. I have to remind myself that God has a plan, for big world events and even for little events, like when Jack is born. And God has promised that, because I am His child, nothing He does will ever not be for the good of me, even if that good is not apparent to me at the time!

So if y'all could just pray that I have patience, and maybe even that Jack will surprise us and be born today!

5 comments:

The doTERRA Darling said...

Praying for you girl. I know you are uncomfortable! This verse helped me:

Now what I am commanding you today is not too difficult for you or beyond your reach. Deut. 30:11

It actually helped me during labor, but maybe it can help now too!

Fran said...

I've been thinking of y'all. Will be praying that the little guy comes out all on his own. I'm right with you on not wanting to be induced. Come on, jack!

Jamie Tingle Franklin said...

Getting induced was not bad at all. I had to be induced because Cooper had to come out because he was so big. If you need anything or have any questions about it to ease your fears, just call me or email me. I completely understand how you feel. I've been pregnant for 15 of the last 18 months. Everything will work out the way it needs to.
- Jamie

Sheryl said...

I am praying that he comes soon, I know your family wants to see him before they leave. I know how you feel, I was 2 weeks late and still had to be induced.

Ashley said...

I know your family will have to go soon, but seriously if you need anything over the next few weeks I am absolutely happy to come up and help you out!! I know it can be a handful to get everything done with a tiny baby!!
I also hope he comes out soon on his own!!