Saturday, June 25, 2011

We're home!

After being in the hospital since 7:45 Monday morning, we were finally discharged at 1:30 yesterday. I was ready to come home, but I definitely miss being there. It was nice to have a bed with massive amounts of pillows, nurses that bring you drinks and meds, and food brought to your bedside. Not to mention a bathroom that is right beside your bed!


Here is Jack with his "Bella." My mom had to leave early this morning at 6 a.m. Bless her heart, she has been away from home for 2 1/2 weeks...first to DC for Ansley's senate page graduation, then the scheduled week here, then she stayed a week longer when Jack didn't come.

I honestly do no know how I would have done this without her. I have fresh planted herbs and flowers on my back patio. I have a freezer stock full of frozen meals. Last night, she stayed downstairs with Jack and me so that Bech could get some sleep. She got maybe an hour of sleep (someone is fussiest right in the middle of the night!). And Jack just loves her...I can already tell!


Here is our sweet baby. And he really is so sweet. Except for the middle of the night fussiest, he is such a good baby. He only cries when he is hungry or when he is being changed--he hates not having clothes on!

He makes the funniest faces. And even though his hair looks mostly light brown, it looks really blonde from this angle. I wonder what it will end up being!


Love this pose! Watching him move makes me understand what all I was feeling in my stomach these past few months!


Here he is in his car seat, coming home from the hospital. We dressed him in a bonnet, a daygown, and crocheted booties. I don't think those yankees knew just what to think of him!!! He's already putting his fingers in his mouth, just like my little brother Blaise did!


Jack has on a pseudo Auburn tigers outfit, in honor of his Aunt KK. He loves to put his little chin up around his face. In fact, he loves to have his hands near his face at all times...so cute!

I am so exhausted right now--I haven't had a full nights sleep since last Saturday night. Jack loves to eat, and I'm the only one who can really help him with that right now. But I am very thankful that part has come pretty easily to us both. I have a feeling his newborn clothes won't fit much longer...

3 comments:

The Passwaters said...

Marley, I'm so happy for you and so proud of you! He is beautiful and you are a beautiful family. I can't wait to see you all in Jackson in August!

Liz T. said...

Congrats, Marley & Bech! He is precious!

The doTERRA Darling said...

Precious baby boy, Marley! Congratulations to you and Bech!