Monday, March 26, 2012

life lately

We have been so busy this past week!  But it has been a good busy.

On Wednesday, one of my good friends from high school, Liz Anne, came for a short visit.  We had fun eating, talking, sitting outside in the unseasonably warm weather, and playing cards.  Liz Anne is one of those friends that I can just pick up again with, no matter how long it's been since we last talked, and I love that!

Thursday night, we had a semi impromptu cookout with some neighbors and friends--lots of fun!

 Friday was Latin Day.  Latin Day is just like JCL (Junior Classical League) in the South.  The Latin high school students in Vermont come to UVM for the morning.  There are skits, displays, a probatio (quiz bowl), and recitations.  This years theme was constellations.  To get out of dressing in a costume (I'm not a big costume person), I put Jack in a cow outfit.  He was a baby Taurus.


My little cow!


The grad students manned the t-shirt table.

Jack and I went out to lunch with some classics people, then headed home for a nap (I took one, too!).  When Bech got home from work, he woke us up to walk down to Citizen Cider with some friends.  Their hard cider is amazing!

Friday night I went to dinner with my friend Amy (she passed her comps!) then met up with Katie to watch "The Hunger Games."

Saturday was spent relaxing, cleaning, and doing homework.

Sunday we had our church plant group over for lunch.  Bech cooked some local beef, and we made tacos...so good!  Then Bech and I curled up on the couch to catch up on some Parks and Rec.

Today it's back to being cold Vermont.  We enjoyed our warm weather (I wore shorts twice last week), but today is going to be in the low 30's.  There was even some snow on the ground!  I am looking forward to a calm, slow week.


1 comment:

The doTERRA Darling said...

I know if I had to live in it, I'd think differently, but right now I'm SO jealous of your cold temps! It has been almost 90 here and that is just to hot. :(