Thursday, July 21, 2011

1 month old!

***Disclaimer: I am going to try to do these updates every month, a little for family, but mostly for me! I want to remember all of this. So feel free to skip (I love when I say that--I mean, you can ALWAYS feel free to skip and I am SURE you do!).***


Today, Jack is 1 month old! I cannot believe that it has already been that long since he was born!

Jack weighs 10 lbs, 15 oz, and is 22 inches long (that's up 2 lbs, 2 oz and 1 inch since he was born!).

He has a couple of newborn outfits he still fits into. His outfit today is a 0 - 3 month. Most of the time he just wears a diaper (we are inside all day, and it is hot here--no air-conditioning up in Yankee land!). I am guessing he's in a size 1 diaper (I don't really know because we using only cloth now).

He is on a pretty consistent 2 1/2 schedule during the day. At night, he usually goes a little longer, maybe 4 then 3.

He is such a sweet baby. Except for his first night home, he really doesn't ever cry inconsolably. He fusses when he's hungry or tired, or sometimes right at the beginning of his naps (although he doesn't cry much then--thank goodness! Crying it out is not fun!).

He has started smiling. We had seen him smile some, but usually while doing other activities (I'll let you use your imagination) or while sleeping. But yesterday, we discovered that we could smile really big at him and get him to smile back. And OH MY LANTA, it is the cutest thing ever.

He likes his pacifier when he's awake and hanging out. Sometimes we give it to him when he fusses during a nap, but we try not to put him to sleep with it. He also likes a little hippo lovey that a family friend gave him. It is sweet because it's the only thing so far that he has shown a real preference toward.

I am still not getting a lot of sleep, but that has to do with me somewhat more than him. I am a really light sleeper, and I have trouble going back to sleep after feeding him! But I am sleeping better now that he sleeps in his own room in his crib.

He loves baths and loves sitting in his swing or bouncy chair and looking at the world. We think he loves us, too!


I tried to capture one of his little smiles. It's hard to do while cooing at him and taking pictures!


Jack was a little grumpy--He didn't like this position!

And a little sleepy--it was almost naptime!


Also, the great film maker is at it again:

1 comment:

Casey said...

Oh my lanta, I can't believe he's already a month old! I love the video and especially love seeing his sweet little yawns and sneezes. So cute!