Monday, July 18, 2011

The many faces of Baby Jack!


Whenever I wake Jack up from a nap, he needs about 5 or 10 minutes to stretch until he's ready to eat. And he makes the cutest faces while stretching! It might be Bech's favorite thing Jack does, and it's definitely up there on my list, too.

Today, the camera was right beside me, so I decided to attempt to catch some of his fun faces.



I love when he lifts his head off of his body, because you can see his sweet little face. He has Bech's chin. Usually, it's hidden by his massive double chin!




He looks like an old man in this picture!


I love my little smiler!

We went to the doctor today for a 4 week check up, and Jack now weighs 11 lbs (well 10 lbs, 15 oz). What a chunk! He has also grown an inch since he was born. We are able to get his shots the week before we leave for Mississippi, which is wonderful.

Plus he peed on Bech at the visit. Which is actually good, because last time he peed on the doctor. I would much rather it be on us than on our pediatrician!

Jack is such a good night sleeper. Last night, he slept for 5 hours, woke up to eat, then slept for 3 more hours. He is amazing. Seriously, he is a really easy baby. He has never cried inconsolably...every time he cries, it's because he's hungry or tired or naked (he hates his diaper being changed for some reason, although he loves baths--go figure). I doubt the rest of our kids are going to be this easy. We are going to be in for a rude awakening! But that is no time soon, so I will just enjoy my easy baby for now!

Also, I wanted to give an update on Baby James. He passed away this weekend. The funeral will be this Wednesday. Please continue to pray for this family. This is only the beginning for them--I am sure that they will be grieving for weeks, months, and years to come.

1 comment:

Holly said...

He is the cutest, most expressive little baby ever!!! Love all his sweet faces!