Saturday, October 8, 2011

Jack's visit to the pumpkin patch!

Today, we headed out to Sam Mazza's farm to get a pumpkin!  I wanted to go last weekend, but Saturday was really cold and rainy, so we had to wait.  But it ended up being a beautiful day, so that was great!  Today was really warm, and tomorrow is supposed to be warm and sunny as well.

I had really wanted to take some pictures of Jack with the pumpkins, but he fell asleep on the hay ride out to the patch.  So there were very few pictures taken.  His wake time window is so short that its hard to get somewhere with him still awake to take cute pictures!  But my mom and I plan on trying again next week while we're in Brookhaven.


Here we are in the pumpkin patch.  Not the best picture, but I wanted one to remember the day.


These are our friends Lea and Doug.  They actually went to Belhaven College.  Lea is from Vermont, so they moved back up here so Doug could get his masters in English from UVM.  They went for a BIG pumpkin!

Sam Mazza's is great.  They have a corn maze which we (sadly) didn't do.  They also have a fun little country store-esque shop with pastries and tons of fresh vegetables!  We got a butternut squash and a pie pumpkin to cook with this week.

Going to the pumpkin patch and picking apples were both on my list of must do fall activities, so I'm glad to have done both!  I really wanted to do a corn maze, but that may just have to wait.  Anymore suggestions?

No comments: