Sunday, May 6, 2012

Baby Shower

My friend Ally (who graduated with her MAT in Classics last year) is having a baby this September.  I wanted to have a shower before her before we moved, so we had it this weekend.

Ally requested a book shower, where the gifts were children's books.  I wanted to have book themed food as well.  After procrastinating valuable research on pinterest, I found some cute ideas!


Very Hungry Catepillar's Fruit and Dip and Madeleine's Madeline's



Mr. McGregor's Veggie's and Hummus (wasn't there yet when I took the pictures!), SkippyJon Jones' Dip, and Strega Nona's Pasta Salad



Fancy Nancy's Strawberry Cupcakes


I got brave and made them myself!  Not amazing, but not as awful as I expected.  I will try icing cupcakes again for Jack's birthday!


Make Way for Duckling's Punch.


The morning before the party, Bech and I got Jack a new toy--Melissa and Doug building blocks.


I think he likes them.  He also liked all of the attention!


Ally (the honoree) and Becky


Dan and Nate, building with Jack


Janice


I gave Ally Chronicles of Narnia, of course!  I had to get on ebay to find a set in the correct order.


Some Classics professors came, too.


Nhi, Katie, Dan and Theodora

I was super stressed before, but I think it turned out cute and fun.  Plus, now I have a super clean house (and right in time--Bech's parents are visiting us this week!).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lol, my favorite part of this post!-- the crossed out procrastinating! I'd say it was definitely valuable time. ;o) The decorations are adorable!