Saturday, May 19, 2012

Happenings...

And yet again...a busy week!  But this week has been fun busy, lots of dinners and lunches with friends, lots of packing, lots of playing outside!


The weather here has been amazing...mid 70's all week!  Jack has been rocking his summer wardrobe, and we have taken lots of walks.  We've also grilled out a bunch.


We've spent time with lots of friends, too.  Thursday, we had a cookout with our neighbor, Kyler, his family, and lots of friends.

Friday, I got lunch with Becky and Chris.  Becky is a grad student in Classics here at UVM, and Chris will be starting his PhD at Berkley in the fall.  They treated me to my favorite Burlington restaurant, El Gato.

Today we had the Morey's and Larson's over for a cookout, then spent more time with Kyler's family in the evening.

This week we have several more cookouts and several more lunches planned!


The packing has been going well.  I feel like I have most of the "easy" stuff packed.  Now I'm onto the hard things.  I have packed up almost all of my china, but I still have lots of everyday pottery to pack up (but not Bech's...I don't touch his pots!  I don't want to be liable for any breakage!).


Jack has been sweet--he's still taking two pretty good naps each day, given me lots of time for packing (and the occasional nap!).  He is definitely loving this weather.  I wonder what he'll think of the Mississippi heat!


I can't believe we will be heading home in two weeks...it seems surreal!  I am so ready to be home, but I am starting to get really sad about moving.  We have moved so many times in our five years of marriage, and it doesn't get any easier!

Also, thank ya'll for your sweet comments on my new blog 

2 comments:

Kayla Calcote said...

Wow, seems like only yesterday that y'all moved north! I know your family is ready to have you back down this way. Looking forward to meeting up once your "home"! Happy packing!

Shoshanah said...

Hey, I just wanted to let you know I'm stopping by from Kelly's Korner... although a few weeks late. I wanted to wish you good luck on the move and let you know that I'm based out of Baton Rouge. So if your looking for any suggestions of places to eat or things to do once your here, feel free to ask!